SCBWI Australia West members are invited to submit copies of their books for a regional showcase on the SCBWI International stall at the Bologna Book Fair.
The SCBWI Booth is now twice the size so in a change from previous years, a $US25 charge is being made for each title displayed.
For this fee:
• the books will be showcased on the regional table for a 1-2 hour slot
• they will be included in the booth display, and,
• they will be included in a digital catalogue that will be available through the Bologna SCBWI website and provided on promotional material distributed at the fair.
• Only PAL* books published after January 1, 2014 are eligible for display. (*What is PAL?)
• One title per member is permitted for display.
• Members must register and pay via the Bologna SCBWI website to display their book in the regional showcase.
• Members must also arrange at their own expense to deliver/post the book to the Regional Advisor or nominated delegate, who will transport the work to Bologna.
• SCBWI will not be responsible for books that do not arrive by the specified date (date TBA)
• Rights for each book must be available and clearly displayed on the reverse of the book. For details, click here.
• Unless you make prior arrangements with your Regional Advisor, books will not returned but will be passed to the International Youth Library Munich for their collection. This also enables work to be considered for the prestigious White Ravens catalogue. (Note: Your publisher may have already entered your work directly)
• There are no refunds.
• For a comprehensive look at the SCBWI Bologna presence visit bologna.scbwi.org.
For more information on the showcase: https://bologna.scbwi.org/scbwi-bologna-book-fair-2016/regional-showcases-2016/
For more information on preparing your books for the showcase: https://bologna.scbwi.org/rights-information/
Registration: To register for the showcase you must:
1) fill out the form at https://bologna.scbwi.org/events/bologna-2016-regional-showcase/
2) email SCBWI Australia West RA James Foley to let him know you're sending books (we are investigating doing a bulk delivery).